You know how we sometimes feel uncomfortable in a crowded elevator? How people stare at their feet like they think they’re growing another foot? Or stare at the doors silently thinking, “Hurry up and open. Hurry up and open.” ?
If you are tired of elevator boredom, here are a few of my favorite ideas (from this list) to add a bit of wit to your day:
- Sell Girl Scout cookies.
- Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator.
- Bring a chair along (second favorite)
- Do Tai Chi exercises. (On this one, you might have to ask others to stand back)
- Show other passengers a wound and ask if it looks infected.
- Start a sing-along.
- Play the harmonica. (Nobody Knows the Trouble I’ve Seen comes to mind)
- Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your “personal space.”
- Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral. (for me, this comes in first)
Or, you can always take the stairs.
Daily said, “Try to be Witty. But don’t strain yourself in the process.”
photo one- credit
photo two- credit